Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Total Beauty Mystery Collection


This was a limited edition collection on totalbeauty.com and it was titled a mystery collection and it also claimed to be one hundred dollars worth of beauty products and they were charging twenty dollars for this collection. Instantly I heard about this and definitely wanted it, I am pretty gullible especially when it comes to making purchases sadly, and I love me some surprises! 
This however wasn't the kind of surprise I had hoped for... I know that beauty products don't generally have to be makeup but I expected more of that type of product anyway. There was only three makeup items... bleh. Half of that 'one hundred dollar' claim was also a fifty dollar naked wines card. False advertising much? I sent them a few angry emails and never heard back, I had heard some people got replies that also sent angry emails but I was not one of them. 
included in this collection with approximate prices was the following:

Evolvh ultrashine moisture shampoo 2oz.                       $6.00
Evolvh ultrashine moisture conditioner 2oz.                    $6.00

Honest healing balm 1oz                                               $3.00
Honest face & body lotion 1oz                                     $4.00

Juara candlenut body cream sample                              $0.75
This costs about $32.00 for a full size of about 7.5 oz.

7 Eboost daily health boost packets                               $7.00
this is a  dietary supplement powder that is orange flavored and is supposed to contain vitamins and minerals

Alfaparf Milano Cristalli liquidi illuminating serum           $5.00
There was no amount listed on the product but the full size is $15.00 so the price on the sample is a guess

30 Q-tips purse pack                                                     $2.50

NYX color lip balm                                                       $3.00


NYX roll on shimmer                                                    $4.00

Ziaja goat milk eye cream                                              $14.95

Neutrogena naturals lip balm                                          $2.97

Ferro Cosmetics Mineral blush                                      $4.00
the full size cost $17.00 this was just a sample so another guess at the price.

The total of the products themselves besides the naked wine card is approximately $63.17 which is a good deal considering I spent $20.00 they just weren't products I wouldn't have picked. I don't know that I would consider buying another surprise collection from totalbeauty.com especially since their customer service completely ignored me. You win some you lose some.
Thanks for reading:)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment