Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Beauty Of Organizing (Vanity edition)




As you all may know (and if you don't I'm telling you) Vanities are expensive. This is just a makeshift one but I actually ended up loving it for what it is. I grabbed a desk, grabbed a mirror, simple as that. I got these after doing makeup in the bathroom just wasn't cutting it, not to mention there was no room in there for all the hair potions and beauty magic. 
Yes, I did just call it that. 


Generally I try to keep the top of my vanity pretty uncluttered but I don't much space so there's no helping that, but I got this two tiered rack for cheap at Ross and I spray painted it pink. Which made it look less like it was made to hold toiletries... Important. I sort of have an addiction for spray painting furniture and such. I keep the high end products on the top tier, which is some blushes, a bronzer, lipsticks and my makeup palettes. Then below that is a pencil container with my mascaras and then my harajuku lovers perfumes are right next to it. I keep all my favorite perfumes on my vanity so that they are there when I need them. I keep the ones I don't use as much in my bathroom. Its a convenient way to keep all the high end and most used products out within reach and I also like to display them as well so this meets both of those needs.


This is inside my vanity drawer, and I have a few office type supplies to separate by product uses. The two blue cartons are just from Walmart and spray painted blue, they are sold together as a set and I didn't think I'd use them both but would you look at that(: I tried the whole 'I'm just going to throw everything in this drawer thing' and it just was a disaster. Trust me on that. I couldn't find anything I needed. The right office supplies container holds bronzers, blushes, and a few primers and settling sprays are throw in. There is no method to my madness, but the more I talk about it the more it almost seems there is..? Who knew. The next container has my everyday use products for the most part, the brow kit I use daily, setting powders, foundation primer, favorite mascaras and liners, BB cream, under eye concealer and my beauty blender. The The majority of the favorite every day products. I have a box that I cut a side off of and I put all the favorite drugstore eye shadows in, and below that is an empty space where I keep my favorite foundations. Then the long skinny cardboard box (which I think previously was purchased holding soaps) has eyeliners, eye shadow primers, and eyelash curlers. Last of all in the last bit of drawer left I have segregated my daily brush cleaner, drugstore makeup palettes, favorite drugstore lipsticks and favorite high end foundation. Whew, that was a lot to process, sorry folks(: 


I'll sum this up real quick or attempt to. I keep drugstore lipsticks in a watch box from mudd. Makeup brushes are just kept in a cute mug with a lil' birdie on it. Nail polishes that I don't generally reach for are in a cookie jar. The nail art stuff, acrylics, and favorite nail polishes are kept in a sewing hobby type box. The end finally, until next time lovelies.  



No comments:

Post a Comment